Saturday, August 12, 2006
On this day:

The Testimonial Game

Received an email earlier this week about a forthcoming concert in Belgium by The Celtic Tenors (and Deidre Shannon). Now, this type of Opera Light isn't really my cup of tea, but I was grabbed by the testimonials, reproduced below:

“The best singing group I have ever heard. Their version of “Danny Boy” quite honestly brought tears to my eyes”. Bill Clinton. Dublin Castle 2002.

“Bono arranged for them to sing at my birthday party. It was a wonderful surprise. Nane and I absolutely loved them”. Kofi Annan. Dublin, December 2004.

Very smart marketing. I particularly love Kofi's testimonial, with its references to his wife and to Bono. The only thing that could top this would be an endorsement from the Dalai Lama that mentions Nelson Mandela, Sting, Bob Geldof and Aung San Suu Kyi (!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited countries map or vertaling Duits Nederlands