Friday, July 01, 2005
On this day:

The sounds of silence

Well, I was hoping to share with you in this post the sounds of a rather fantastic 1970s toy that I found in a bag of old stuff at the back of a cupboard. It's one of those dolls with an elastic cord that you pull to separate the head from the torso and, in so doing, activate a series of recordings. In this case, they are of a girl saying things such as, "My feet are moving closer", 'That's quite a stretch," and "I lost my head for a moment." Great stuff. Unfortunately, it seems that AudioBlogger is only available to our friends in the US, so the soundtrack will have to wait, unless anyone has an alternative suggestion. I know Blogger is a US company, but it's bloody annoying that services such as AudioBlogger and Moblog are not available to 95% of the world's population. As Gilberto Gil once sang: "I'll only put bebop in my samba when Uncle Sam plays the tamborim. When he plays the tambourine and the bass drum, when he learns that the samba is not rumba, then I will mix Miami with Copacabana."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


create your own visited countries map or vertaling Duits Nederlands